The main aim of NSS Activities is to inculcate social welfare in students and to provide service to society without bias. NSS volunteers work to ensure that everyone who is needy gets help to enhance their standard of living and lead a life of dignity. In doing so, volunteers learn from people in villages how to lead a good life despite a scarcity of resources; it also provides help in natural and man-made disasters by providing food, clothing and first aid to the disaster victims.
Several activities are conducted under the NSS, like tree plantation, cleanliness drives, swacha bharath abhiyan, plastic kachra mukta abhiyan, road safety, women empowerment, Blood Donation camp etc. Rallies and skits on various social issues are also part of regular activities and are conducted under NSS Department.
The Annual camps are known as Special Camps. Camps are held annually mostly in the month of December, funded by the government of India, and are usually located in a rural village or a city suburb. Volunteers may be involved in such activities as:
Any student enrolled as NSS volunteer should put in at 120 hours of social work in a year for a continuous period of two years i. e. 240 hours in two years, on different programmes and should be fully conversant with the objectives of NSS. Out of the 120 hours of service which each student volunteer is expected to put in a year, at least 120 hours should be utilized in the first year. In the year 2014-15 the students of NSS take actively participation and celebrated different activities like Teachers Day, Mahatma Gandhi Jayanti, Swami Vivekanand Jayanti, Savitribai Fule Jayanti, NPW, Republic Day, AIDS Day, Women’s Day, NSS Day, Medical Checkup, Blood Donation Camp, Plantation, Ganesh Festival throughout the year very enthusiastically. The detail report of 120 hours activity in the year 2017-18 is as given below.
1. Tree plantation Programs were organized by the college on campus on 19th July 2018. The inauguration was done by auspicious hands of our principal. Then the students and staff, non-teaching staff planted trees. Total of 09 saplings was planted.
2. Blood Donation Camp was held on 25th Aug. 2018. 36 bottles blood were collected.
3. Student participated in “Cyclethon Event” organized by Savitribai Phule Pune University, Pune on 7th Oct 2018.
4. On the occasion of Swachh Bharat and Swasth Bharat Abhiyan 2018, college organized various cleaning activities in college premises on 1st Oct 2018.
5. Independence Day was celebrated on 15th August 2018. All the NSS students gathered at 7.00 am. in the college. The flag hoisting was done at 7.45 am by the hands of respected dignitaries. On this occasion our Principal Dr. R.M. Misal addressed students. Then the students of NSS were gathered and they also celebrated the day offering wishes to each other. Our honorable Principal also gave best wishes to all the NSS students. After that the program was finished and all were given refreshment.
6. Our former President Dr. Sarvapalli Radhakrishnan was a staunch believer of education and was one of the greatest scholars and teachers of all times, apart from being the president of India. In memory of his work his birth day is celebrated as Teachers Day on 5th September was celebrated by college and NSS students. Students actively participated in the activity. Academic sessions were conducted by interested students on this auspicious day. The formal function was conducted by the students wherein all the student teachers were felicitated by the Principal and all the staff.
7. “World Hindi Day” celebrated on 10th Jan 2019. Lecture was delivered by Mrs. Disha Khilnani.
8. Movie Screening “Satyashodhak” arranged for students and faculty on 12th Jan 2019.
9. Republic Day was celebrated on 26th January 2019. All the NSS students gathered at 7.00 am. in college. The flag hoisting was done at 7.45 am by the hands of respected dignitaries. On this occasion our Principal Dr. Bhushan Patil addressed students. Then the students of NSS were gathered and they also celebrated the day offering wishes to each other. Our honorable Principal also gave best wishes to all the NSS students. After that the programme was finished.
10. Personality Development workshop arranged on 14th Feb 2019 for students. Lecture delivered by Ms. Jaya Nagrani.
11. On occasion of “Women’s Day” guest lecture was delivered by Mrs. Devyani Patil on 8th March 2019.
12. Self Defence training was arranged for girl students on 20th March 2019. Session handled by Mrs. Pratima Lonari.